Sometimes I have to shake my head in mild amazement when I realize it’s been four decades since Best Awning Company was founded.
January 1, 1979, we embarked on our mission to provide our customers with the very “best” solutions for their home and business exteriors, starting by founding Conifer Gutter Service to provide expert gutter and downspout service throughout the west metro and Front Range areas.
We’ve truly “grown up” with the home exterior industry. These days, Best Awning Company is a separate, second firm. We’re still known for high-quality work by both firms, and thanks to our cherished customers, both endeavors have grown and thrived beyond our expectations forty years ago.
And every day, our crews still roll out to homes and businesses throughout the area with the very best awning products available on today’s wide-ranging market.
It’s awesome to contemplate how the business has grown and changed over the years! And this month, as we invite our friends to help us celebrate the four-decade milestone, the team here at Best Awning Company wants to thank you for so many years of encouragement and support!
So much has changed in the awning industry – let alone the world! – in the past forty years.
Just think of what things were like when our company was founded:
- America’s 39th president was in the middle of his term in office. We’re now on our 45th president.
- Disco music was all the rage… remember those cool “mirror balls” and mylar curtains?
- The top movies that year were Alien, Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Monty Python’s Life of Brian, and Kramer vs. Kramer.
- And the top songs for the year on the Billboard 100?
- My Sharona by The Knack
- Bad Girls by Donna Summer
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy by Rod Stewart
- Reunited by Peaches & Herb
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- (Disco… told ya.)
- In world events, the regime had changed in Iran, but the hostage crisis hadn’t happened yet.
- The Yankees had recently beaten the Dodgers in the World Series (for the second straight year) when we launched our business… later that year, it would be the Pittsburgh Pirates over the Baltimore Orioles.
- And speaking of Pittsburgh, the Steelers would beat the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl XIII the month our company started… and it’s fair to say at least some local NFL fans would not have been too disappointed to see the Cowboys lose after what happened the previous year, when they beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XII.
- And here’s a very interesting fact for fans of retractable awnings (aren’t we all?)… the wildly-popular Sunsetter product was still nine years away from being introduced in 1988.
- And Sunsetter is still popular today! The product has changed and grown with its industry over the years… just like Best Awning Company.
The More Things Change, The More They… Get Better
It’s fun to take a cruise down memory lane… but it’s also amazing to note how many truly wonderful and creative awning products have been developed since 1979. From Sunsetter to KE, awning companies are designing and creating fantastic products these days.
Homeowners can get everything from a simple retractable awning to a full patio or deck enclosure, in many cases complete with LED lights, an almost-infinite choice of fabrics and designs, and weather-sensing technology to extend and retract the awning automatically.
And restaurant owners have caught on to the fact that there’s money to be made by sheltering their outdoor dining space with a top-flight awning product… and that the return on investment is often surprisingly quick.
Who knows what awnings will be available ten, twenty, or forty years from now? Whatever the designers come up with, you can be sure Best Awning Company will stay on the leading edge, providing the most outstanding products and services for our customers. We will always work hard to live up to our name! And thanks again, Colorado, for making us your choice for great outdoor living spaces.